Test Dates Registration Deadline
Sep. 10, 2016 Aug. 07, 2016
Oct. 22, 2016 Sep. 16, 2016
Dec. 10, 2016 Nov. 04, 2016
Feb. 11, 2016 Jan. 13, 2017
Apr. 08, 2016 Mar. 03, 2017
Jun. 10, 2017 May 06, 2017
What identification will I have to show at the test center?
Before being admitted to test, you are required to present both:
- Acceptable photo identification
- Your printed ACT admission or standby ticket with your photo printed on it.
The ID you present, including any required signatures, must be original, not a photocopy or reproduction, and your name must be in English. School ID that is printed (e.g., from a website) or not in a hard card format is not acceptable.
If your appearance has changed and you do not have acceptable photo ID that matches your current appearance, you may use the ACT Student Identification Letter (with current photo). Questions about ID policy should be directed to ACT Student Services.
Acceptable forms of identification:
Only the following forms of identification are acceptable. If it is not on this list, it is not acceptable, and you will not be admitted to test.
- Current official photo ID
- Must be an original, current (valid) ID issued by a city/state/federal government agency or your school. Note: School ID must be in hard plastic card format. Paper or electronic formats are NOT acceptable.
- Your first and last names must match the ticket.
- The photo must be clearly recognizable as you.
- ACT Student Identification Letter with Photo
- You MUST present this ACT Student Identification Letter with Photo if you do not have a current official photo ID as described above.
- It must be completed by a school official or notary public; neither may be a relative.
- All items must be completed.
- Download the letter here.
- ACT Talent Search Identification Letter
- If you are participating in an academic talent search program and were not requiredto submit a photo with your registration you must present your ACT Talent Search Identification Letter. If you are participating in an academic talent search program and were required to submit a photo when you registered, you must present either a current official photo ID or an ACT Student Identification Letter with Photo.
You will not be admitted if you present any forms of ID other than those listed as acceptable.
The following are examples of unacceptable identification:
- ACT ticket alone
- Birth certificate
- ChildFind ID card
- Credit, charge, bank or check cashing cards, even with photo
- Family portrait or graduation picture, even if the name is imprinted on the photo
- Fishing or hunting license
- ID issued by an employer
- ID letter that is not an official ACT identification letter
- Learner's driving permit (if it doesn't include a photo)
- Temporary/replacement driver's license (if it doesn't include a photo)
- Organization membership card
- Passport or other photo ID so old that the person presenting it cannot be identified
- Personal recognition by anyone, including members of the test center staff, classmates, parents, counselors, and teachers
- Photo ID of parents
- Photo with your name embossed or printed on it by a photographer
- Photocopies or reproductions
- Photos issued by a business for promotional purposes (e.g., amusement parks)
- Police report of a stolen wallet or purse
- Printed, stamped, or photocopied signatures
- Published photo, including yearbook or newspaper
- Report card
- Social Security card
- Telephone calls to counselors, teachers, or school officials
- Traffic ticket, even with a physical description and signature
- Transcript, even with photo
- Web page with photo