Skip to main content

About Our School

Home of the tigers

The first public school for boys in Pensacola was organized in 1870. A two-story building on Wright Street was erected by the School Board in 1875. It was known as the Pensacola Academy. In 1886, a new building was erected on Lee Square, known as Public School No. 1. In 1905, the four-year high school was organized in the Public School No. 1 building. The school is a part of the Escambia County School District. Pensacola High School is also the only school in the county to have an International Baccalaureate program.

PHS

Pensacola High School is located near downtown in Pensacola, FL, USA.